Artificial Intelligence definition
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is an area of computer science that emphasizes the creation and development of intelligent machines that work and react like humans and able to do the following which a human can do:
- Speech recognition– Creation of natural human sources to communicate with the computer is currently one of the greatest challenges of modern science. That to speech recognition in a different language and different tone/modulation is even more difficult. Unfortunately, programs that could show equivalent human quality speech recognition under any conditions, not yet created. The immaturity of existing technologies is associated primarily due to the recognition of noisy and continuous speech.
- Learning– These days, computers can also learn, and they can be incredibly intelligent! Machine learning is a discipline of computer science and a branch of artificial intelligence. Its goal is to develop techniques that allow computers to learn and understand by providing algorithms, APIs (application programming interface), development and training tools, applications and other machines.
- Planning and Decision – Planning and Decision management has already been incorporated into a variety of corporate applications to assist and execute automated decision making. This intelligent robot is in charge of making the smartest investment decisions and even plan your future investment so your business is as profitable as possible.
- Problem-solving– Modern smart devices and robots can solve a problem in numerous ways by utilizing machine learning capability. But the smartness lies when it is solved in a tricky and fast way which is the major concern in AI.
- Knowledge representation and Reasoning – Knowledge representation and reasoning is the field of artificial intelligence(AI) dedicated to represent information about the world in a form that a computer system can utilize to solve complex tasks such as diagnosing a medical condition or having a dialog in a natural language, this may be visual, audio or other forms of sensory information.
- Perception– Perception is the process of acquiring, interpreting, selecting, optimizing and organizing sensory information. In AI, the study on perception is mostly focused on the reproduction of human perception, especially on the perception of aural and visual signals. As humans perception is a boon to human there is no match for it.
Knowledge engineering, Robotics, Machine perception, and Machine learning is a core part of AI research. Machines can often act and react like humans only if they have abundant information relating to the world and nature. Artificial intelligence must have access to objects, categories, types, properties, society and relations between all of them to implement knowledge engineering.
There is a race between technology giants like Google, Microsoft, Facebook AI Research, Apple, Intel, Amazon, IBM, H2O, Semantic Machines, AI brain, Banjo, Deepmind, Sound Hound etc for development in the field of Artificial Intelligence (AI). Everybody knows that to sustain and lead in future you need to do something which is equivalent to a miracle. And the upcoming trends shows the future is in Artificial intelligence. Not only the above-listed companies, but there are also many more who are investing huge and working round the clock for developing AI. IDC estimated the artificial intelligence market will grow from $8 billion dollars to more than $47 billion by 2020.
What my perception says all these companies will definitely do something miraculous in the AI field which will be greatly beneficial to human society.